At Blue Box Storage we offer all our customers a competitive insurance option. To value your belongings you can list out all of the high-value items you are looking to store and the replacement value of each item if you had to replace it new or with a similar item in the case of an antique for example. You may be suprised how much you really have. Then round value up to the nearest £1000 and you will have a good estimate of the value. You can see a more detailed guild here.
It may be tempting to reduce the value to save yourself money but in the unlikely case that you do need to make a claim then being underinsured will lead to upset and a reduced payout. We would strongly advise that you value your belongings accurately for your peace of mind.
If you would like to your goods insurance, this must:
• Be organised prior to bringing your goods on to the site.
• Not lapse whilst the goods remain on site.
• Insure the goods against all normal perils under a valid contract of insurance.
• Be with a reputable insurance company for their full replacement value.
• Not be for a sum that is lower than the replacement value of the goods stored in the room at all times.
You can also see a more detailed guild on insurance here.